“Private access to the internet with military-grade protection” is what you’re going to see when you first visit the iTop VPN website. This is going to be our iTop VPN review. However, I don’t recommend using this one because I have a fantastic alternative for you.
But for you to understand why my secret VPN is better than iTop, I first have to explain the services to you.
ExpressVPN is what you're looking for and not iTopVPN. Simply use ExpressVPN for a month and see the difference for yourself!
Last updated: 20 March 2023
What is iTop VPN?
You may not have heard of this VPN before because it’s usually not a name that comes to mind when you think of VPNs. But in China, it’s extremely popular. It makes sense because the parent company, Orange View Limited is based in China. Hongkong, to be precise.
In my iTopVPN review, I’m going to explain what features you can expect to find from this niche software provider. But before that, you need to know what a VPN is. The term stands for “Virtual Private Network” and it creates a safe tunnel for data coming in and leaving your network.
Is iTop VPN safe to use? Well, it’s currently available as both free and paid versions. Unlike other free VPNs, iTop claims to have a very strict no-logging policy and superior security.
Along with a VPN, iTop also offers a data protector, a private browser, and a few other components.
Shortcomings of iTopVPN Review
No VPN software in the world is foolproof. So, it’s obvious that I found some drawbacks during my iTop VPN review. Let’s figure out what they are.
- No Torrent Support: One of the biggest ones in my opinion. Torrenting is one of the main things I use a VPN for. And I’m sure a lot of you do too.
- Limited Protocols: You might not know this but a good VPN must have a few protocols to regulate the online traffic most efficiently. The iTop VPN review lacks a lot of them including OpenVPN, IKEv2, L2TP, and PPTP.
- Expensive: While the cost for this VPN seems very reasonable, it’s not. You’ll understand exactly what I’m talking about when you know about ExpressVPN.
Plans & Pricing of iTopVPN Review
At the time of writing, iTop VPN review is available in both free and paid versions. The free version is, well, free. And there are 3 different tiers for the paid version.
The free VPN from iTop is not like the other free VPNs in the market. How do I know it? It’s written right on the website! Apparently, you get all of the features and functionalities you otherwise get from paid versions. The only limitation is that you get a 700 megabytes allowance every day.
In this day and age, what do you expect to do with 700 megabytes in a day?
As for the paid version, you can get it for a month, 6 months, or a year. From all different angles, going for the annual package makes the most sense in my iTop VPN review. And there’s a major discount on it, 65% to be precise. This package will cost only $47.99 instead of the usual $143.99.
The 6-month package is also going for 40% off, at a mere $41.99 instead of $71.99. If you want the VPN just for the sake of testing, you can go for a month at $11.99. There are no discounts for this package.
Is iTop VPN Good for the Following Services?
For the most part, I use a VPN to gain access to certain platforms as well as to strengthen my security. So, is review iTop VPN safe for that? Let’s find out.
- Netflix: Unblocking Netflix content is the biggest area of usage for a VPN at this point. While iTopVPN review could unblock all regions including the US, the speed is not nearly enough.
- Torrenting: There is no support for torrenting whatsoever. So, is iTop VPN safe for torrenting? No.
- China: Being owned by a Chinese company, iTop VPN review works fine in China.
- Video Games: For games Roblox, COD Warzone, PUBG, and lots of other eSports, iTop did a good job of routing me to the server I wanted.
Is iTop VPN Safe? Let’s Understand the Features
The features of a VPN software can tell you a lot about safety if you know what to look for. So, let’s go over the features of the VPN in question.
- Encryption: The VPN claims to have the best-in-class encryption. Although I’m not sure about the “best in class” part, it’s certainly 256-bit encrypted.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: The paid version users get unlimited bandwidth for their everyday usage.
- 1800+ Servers: Well, it might look like a lot but it’s not. Because the alternative for me, ExpressVPN has over 3,000 servers!
- Security Reinforce: This is an exclusive security feature only the iTop VPN review users get. It’s essentially a data leakage prevention feature.
- Ad Block: Say bye to ads forever!
- Kill Switch: In case you lose connection to the VPN server, the interface will automatically kill the internet connection to prevent data theft. Now, is iTop VPN safe? You tell me.
Windows Client Interface
The Windows client is the most commonly used iTop VPN review variant. Is iTop VPN safe for Windows? Yes, it absolutely is. You can directly download the client from the website. Just install the file to start using it.
When you first fire it up, you’ll find quite an informative interface. On the sidebar, you get the navigation buttons for different settings. On the main screen, you get the connection status in the iconic multi-color manner.
Interestingly, Windows is not the only operating system you can use. Is iTop VPN any good for the other channels? You’ll know when you find buttons for macOS, Android, and iOS as well. Of course, it’s recommended that you use the device you plan to use to download the client. Otherwise, you’d have to transfer the file manually.
iTopVPN Review: Test Results
To answer your question how good is iTop VPN and whether is iTop VPN safe or not, we did a few tests with the software. Here are the results of that test.
- Speed: Unfortunately, the speed actually dropped for me when I was connected to the internet. It’s probably because the servers are not strategically located across the countries. Even for the recommended server by the VPN, the speed was not satisfactory.
- DNS Leaks: This is something you don’t have to worry about thanks to the kill switch. So, to answer your question is iTop VPN safe, I can say that it’s safe.
From what I’ve seen, there are no real support channels for the users, even the premium users. You get a complaint submission form on the main website and that’s about it. When compared to my favorite, ExpressVPN, this one just can’t hold its ground.
Conclusion: iTopVPN Review
So, is iTop VPN safe? The answer is both yes and no. If you have very limited use, it is. I highly recommend using ExpressVPN if you consider yourself a tech-savvy individual.
iTop VPN is a relatively new player in the industry with very good encryption, geo-restriction bypassing, and privacy protocols.
- 1800+ servers
- No-logging policy
- Works in China
- Works well with video games
- No torrenting features
- No customer support
- Very limited speed
- Limited bandwidth for free users